Can you believe we’re already halfway through January?! I know that you have been killing it! To help motivate you to keep on slaying, this week I want to talk about the Power of Movement.
Give me the Power…
You’re always hearing about why it’s so important to move, move, move, but really… what’s so special about moving? I think these are all pretty good reasons:
- Moving is physically stretching your muscles vs your body all lethargic and cramped up
- More exercise = more oxygen to your body = your body being able to function better
- You’ll live longer and age better – yay!
- More exercise allows you to get better and better at the exercise you’re doing and/or gaining better timing (which means each little mini goal met is a little celebration each time!)
- Also as you get better and better (ex: flexibility), you’ll be able to try new levels and new things and crush those goals too!
- Exercise releases endorphins – those interact with your receptors that reduce the perception of pain – it makes you also feel more positive and upbeat
- Doing exercise, especially in a gym or outdoor setting can make it feel like it’s more of a social feeling (that “out in public” vs the “stuck in the house” feel). Sometimes just seeing another person (not necessarily talking to them) can be a mind booster too.
- Many forms of exercise can get you out of the house and you may pleasantly be surprised seeing things you’ve never noticed before (example: if you walk a path vs. driving past it everyday)
- You may inspire someone to take up their own fitness journey and crush their goals
Check out this link by Psychology Today about the Power of Movement: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/what-body-knows/201602/the-power-movement
If that’s not enough, check out this link for 23 Great Reasons to Exercise: https://www.paulayoumellrn.com/23-benefits-of-movement-exercise
Well go ahead and revel in your power!!! I want to say again how proud I am of you. You’re well on your way and I know that you’re doing great! Keep up the good work and don’t let the minor things get you down. You may not see the results now, but you’ll see them soon enough and it’ll be a sweet victory. I’ll see you next week!
Credit: Google Image Search