Happy first day of July! It’s time for this month’s edition of Reaching For the Stars, a monthly goal post. ( Who can believe this year is halfway over?! )
I don’t know about you, but this Summer has already been hot, hot hot!!! I’m talking about 95 with heat indexes up to 110-115 and it was only JUNE. Usually August is our hottest month here in Charleston, but I think we’re gonna have a contest for which is the hottest season this year.
Let’s recap June’s goals:
- Continue the progress I’ve made for Crescent Moon & Stars – 10 posts (5 of those being the weekly gratitude/reflection,
1 Monthly goal post)
- Continue working on the courses I’m participating in – 3 major/long-term ones and 1 smaller short one **One of the courses I’m in is discontinuing it and VERY bummed about it but she has a lot of beautiful and amazing ideas so I can’t wait for the next one!**
- Take a look at different knowledge learning outlets – Coursera, LinkedIn Learning, and FutureLearn looks pretty interesting for this summer — not setting a goal to do [a] course[s] this month, but for the summer in general
- Submit 5 “I read it” sheets to the library for the adult summer reading program
- Sit down with the planner (I use Passion Planner) and write out the plans for each individual week. Filter out what I do or do not have time for. Write in pencil this month since things are probably going to change.
- Continue filtering emails and re-organizing them depending on the topic. Unsubscribe those that I don’t read anymore or if interests have changed.
- Do the free Daily clock to help out organizations at Greater Good – 10 different organizations, 1 simple click will help others have a meal, give medical care, raise awareness, etc. **Did about half of the month, but not daily**
- On my commute times, listen to some of my favorite podcasts
So… didn’t get much done for June’s Reaching For the Stars goals and I’m sorta bummed about it. Granted reading 5 books in the month of June might have been a lofty goal (I had some smaller books in mind to read to be able to accomplish this goal), but I should have looked at my goals (written before the June month schedule at work came out) and readjusted/take some off. We had 2 agents and 1 supervisor leave halfway and then another agent and myself are leaving the 1st week of July. Add in new trainees and I had mostly 12-10pm shifts + the 2 hour daily commute time (1 hour each way) which definitely took a lot of time away that I would have normally spent elsewhere. My days off didn’t really feel like days off minus a few really good days (see the Weekly gratitude/reflection posts).
So July’s goals are going to be flexible since I’m going to be going through a readjustment period. This month is going to require more discipline of my time and money than what I’m used to, but I know that I can do it!
- Really sit with the planner as I am readjusting to new hours: 3:30pm – 12am 5x a week (8 hrs + 30 min break) instead of varying times of 10 hour shifts 4x a week (AND getting schedule a week in advance vs the whole month in advance)
- Revisit, recreate and stick to new budgets since I’ll no longer have a commission check to have a cushion with. The difference between the raise I got and a normal (non-busy) season commission check is about the same + I can still do UberEats. I’ll be getting one last commission check so I’ll be squirreling that one away into savings.
- Put these goals in a visual place where I’ll always see it and not “out of sight, out of mind”
- Continue to cut back on costs that I can no longer justify/use (looks like time to revisit my How Not to Freak Out with Money post)
- Use Book Catalog app to scan books so I know that I’m not spending money on books I already have
- Continue to make Crescent Moon & Stars active and not be a stagnant blog
- Play along with my Summer Bucket List/Bingo Game – 100 activities to do this summer
- Do the free Daily check in on Greater Good – easy clicks and not much time – put into planner to remember to do it!
- Continue to remember to water my plants! (I forgot for a couple days in a row and with this Summer heat I thought I had lost them – a good watering at night and they were back! They really do bring me joy.)
- Light some candles to help wind down, make our home smell good and cross one off the Bucket list/Bingo Game
- Continue to keep on my AM & PM vitamin/supplement schedule that I started halfway in the month. I think I was taking too many supplements at one time and doing the “12 hour” work shift, they were wearing off quickly.
- When feeling overwhelmed, write in a journal or clean instead of on social media. I think if I see that something got done, I’ll feel better about it since mindlessly scrolling through a feed (although some of your Instagram’s are totally on point!)
- Go to the beach at least once this month – #SaltTherapy for the win
I hope that you’re having a great Summer so far. I’d love to know what your own Reaching For the Stars (monthly goals and bucket list) are for July and/or for the Summer. Tag me @cresmoonstars and use the hashtag #letshinebrightogether on social media. I’m on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest.
Have a safe and fun summer and as always, Shine bright