It’s the first day of Fall!
How exciting is that?! It’s gonna be a great season, I can just feel it!
I’m so so so so so so so excited (can you tell?) Fall is undoubtedly my favorite season. It’s just so awesome! These are just some of my favorite things to enjoy about the season: The crispness of the air, the changing of bright colored flowers and trees to darker passionate red, shining gold and burnt orange leaves, the smell of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, doing some fall cleaning (or painting a room in the house), cooking and baking, Halloween and Thanksgiving, holiday decorating, cuddling up with my guy… *excited shivers* Fall encompasses so much in a 3 month season. These are words that come to my mind when I think of fall (they are in no particular order!):
(How is this fall scene not peaceful and exciting *think adventure* at the same time?)
So now that you’ve gotten some inspiration, why not make a bucket list?
Make some awesome memories with the changing of the season.
Better yet, I even have this Pinterest link all ready for you – It’s a Bucket List search. Have fun!
I want to:
- Create a fall scrapbook
- Carve a pumpkin
- Visit a corn maze
- Make s’mores
- Try out at least 2 new casserole dishes, 2 soups and 2 dessert recipes for each fall month
- Make my own caramel sauce, perhaps pair with some apples
- Make a real hearty chili with my guy – we both really like to cook, so this would be great to do together!
- Put the good old slow cookers to use! I now have 2 – one circular and one oval – I’m now #AdultierAdult!
- Go to Boone Hall Plantation’s Farm and create a whole meal fresh from scratch (idea taken from Pam’s, co-host of The Coastie Couple, recent post of Ultimate List of Themed Dinner Nights – I’m thinking Fresh Friday!)
- Create my own Pumpkin Spice flavorings for dinners and baking instead of paying $$$ all season long for it + I’m allergic to nutmeg (I can have a itty bit), so I have to make some tweaks anyways
- Decorate the apartment per Holiday
- Burn at least 1 fall candle/wax melts a week – Kohl’s recently had a great deal and Walmart had some excellent wax melts
- Start walking outside – it’s just been too darn hot this summer!
- Do some fall cleaning – check out Taylor’s Cleaning checklist for the season at Household Management 101 — we’re going to be moving to a bigger apartment in January/February and now that the weather will be getting cooler, this would be a prime time to get some cleaning done and downsize things we don’t want or need
- Get a new fall jacket once it gets cold here (or with a really good sale!) – my old one is little too big and sometimes too heavy for Charleston’s fall
What’s gonna be on your fall bucket list?
Let’s shine bright this fall!